Bread is a No-No on Keto…
But you can have Keto Bagel Loaf!!!
Serving Information: Makes 10 slices at only 1.95 net carbs each
- 138 Calories
- 2 Carbs
- 9 Protein
- 10 Fat
- 2.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of herbes de provence (I think it’s cheaper in the store)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Coconut oil spray
- Glass bowl or measuring cup, must be microwave safe and large enough to hold all ingredients
- 2 smaller mixing bowls for dry ingredients and eggs
- Spoon for mixing
- Small whisk or fork
- Microwave oven and an oven
- Bread pan or silicone mold
- Oven gloves
- Bread knife
- Cutting board
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the first smaller bowl, add eggs and whisk together. Set aside.
- In the second smaller bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of herb de provence, 1 tablespoon of the Everything But The Bagel seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Mix together to ensure an even distribution to the final mix.
- Use the coconut spray to lubricate your bread mold. I like a silicone mold, but still use the spray. I figure it adds coconut oil to my keto diet and ensures it won’t stick.
- Use up to 2 tablespoons of the Everything But The Bagel seasoning to coat the side walls and the bottom of the now sprayed bread pan/mold.
- Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to glass bowl. Microwave for up to 2 minutes in 30 second bursts. After 1 minute, stir and continue melting in the microwave. Use gloves to remove bowl from microwave as it can become quite hot.
- Add eggs and stir. When most of the eggs are incorporated, add the dry ingredients from step 2. Be patient. It will take a few minutes to get it all fully incorporated and looking like something other than hot cheese and eggs.
- Put bread mixture into the bread pan/mold and use the spoon to evenly distribute. You don’t need to press down much. Just guide the mixture around and it will follow your lead.
- Please in the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. As all ovens are different, at this point you’ll need to eyeball. You’re looking for browning on the top of your bread. If it’s not done, and it probably wont be, give it more time. It could take up to 35-40 minutes depending upon your oven and elevation.
- When bread is done, remove from oven and let the bread sit in the pan/mold for up to 10 minutes. Remember, this is cheese and hot cheese collapses.
- After the bread has rested for about 10 minutes, flip it upside down onto the cutting board. Don’t be tempted to cut it yet. The longer it cools and rests, the more bread-like it will be. (I promise it’s worth it!)
- Cut your bread into 10-12 slices. Enjoy with family and friends…great alone or with chili, breakfast or with kalua pork. Every just make a meal and want bread? Keep some of this in your fridge for those days.
Adding the Everything But The Bagel seasoning adds so much flavor and salt to this recipe. It’s been a bit hit. Personally, I don’t add the seasoning to the top pf the bread loaf because it becomes almost too salty.
Can store nicely in your fridge for over a week. It doesn’t stay that long in my household though. So if you want it for a specific purpose, you might want to hide it in the veggie bin!
You can play around with whatever herbs and spices you desire. Have fun with it! Also, I used seasonings that I bought at my local Trader Joe’s. Double check the pricing because they sell it on Amazon but I think it’s cheaper in the store.
This recipe was inspired by this fathead bagel recipe from Wholesome Yum!