Make a delicious chili in your Instant Pot that the whole family will love
and enjoy while also staying Keto!
- 1 pound, Ground Beef (or bison)
- 1 pound, Ground Pork Sausage
- 1 chopped medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 chopped medium Yellow Onion
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder (choose less spicy chili powder for a more mild result)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3-4 tablespoons of minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup of Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
- Instant Pot (or any other electric pressure cooker)
- Knife to chop pepper and onion
- Cutting board
- Can opener for tomatoes and tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon, 1/3 measuring cup
- Spatula and large spoon
- Put all meat in the Instant Pot (IP) on Saute setting. Use the spatula to move around and brown meat as it cooks. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Once the meat is browned and cooked through, add all remaining ingredients except xanthum gum.
- Put lid on the IP and set for Chili/Stew setting (or Manual High pressure) for 45 minutes. Quick release when the timing is completed.
- Add xanthum gum, stir in and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Add to a bowl with toppings like sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc.
We love this chili with sour cream, cheese and guacamole. But you can enjoy this in many ways, including Chili Cheese Keto Nachos and a Chili Omlette.
This recipe stores well in the fridge for several days. I’m not certain how long it lasts in the fridge because it is usually all eaten within 3 days.
Should freeze well, but I have not yet tried to freeze any batches.
This recipe is inspired by Keto Chili by Keto Karma.