Magic Coffee (or Tea)
There are two important things in life…caffeine and fat! Well, at least fat. I’m sure you’ve heard of Bulletproof Coffee. This is delicious and is actually a name brand. The idea is to take your morning coffee, tea or other morning drink and boost it with ingredients to provide additional energy, satiation and nutrients.
- 8-12 ounces of the liquid of your choice – pick one
- Coffee (caffeinated or decaffeinated)
- Tea (caffeinated or decaffeinated)
- Broth (See this recipe to make your own chicken broth)
- Sweetener of your choice
- Monk fruit
- Mix of the above
- Or no sweetener
- 1-2 tablespoons of fats of your choice – pick one or more
- MCT oil or Coconut oil
- Heavy whipping cream (HWC)
- Butter or ghee
- Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin puree
- Cocoa powder
- Collagen peptide powder
- Inositol (myo & d-chiro)
- Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals
- Anything that can mix into liquid with little to no trace
- Large mug or bowl for mixing (must fit double the amount of liquid)
- 1 cup or mug for final drink
- Hand mixer/blender
- Spoons and scoops to add ingredients
- Add liquid to your large mug. You can start with warm or cold liquid. Feel free to reheat liquid, if it’s not the right temperature now. If you want it on ice, add ice after last step.
- Add your sweetener, flavorings, fats and supplements of choice.
- Use the hand mixer to mix it altogether well. It might take 30-60 seconds to get it all mixed and slightly frothy.
- Pour mixture into the final mug and enjoy!
- Adding butter or ghee is best in warm liquid so that it melts. I would not recommend butter/ghee to be added to a cold drink unless you want to eat those chunks (eww!)
- My favorite warm variation:
- Coffee, Truvia (erythritol & stevia), HWC, ghee, Ovasitol, collagen peptides and MCT oil.
- Kevin’s favorite cold variation:
- Coffee, MCT oil, HWC and ice.
- Beck’s Mom’s favorite warm variation:
- Coffee, stevia, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree and MCT oil.